For organizations with employee-driven goal setting, below is the general flow of how employees will set up their goals and managers will confirm them in Growth Edition.
Goals can be continually updated throughout the review cycle.
- Once Goal Setting Cycle begins, employees will be able to see My Goals widget upon logging into Growth Edition.
- Employees click the SET GOALS button under the My Goals widget
My Goals widget with Goal Setting due date displayed
- The My Goals page will appear for the review cycle with the closest Goal Setting due date. (This due date is displayed on the My Goals widget).
On the My Goals page, employees will see a set of default SMART Goals provided by the administrator under each Goal category e.g. HR Effectiveness.
The goals are displayed when VIEW is clicked
My Goals page (goals not set)
My Goals - Click on "VIEW" to see default SMART subgoals set by Administrator
The employee can:
- Keep the default SMART Goal
- Make updates to the default SMART goal
- Create new SMART Goals
- Delete default SMART Goals
For more details, click on "Setting up your Goals" below.
Goals and Sub-goals
In the Content Library, the high-level business goals (e.g. categories) are referred to as "Goals", whereas SMART goals are referred to as "Sub-goals"
In Goal Setting, managers and employees can only make changes to sub-goals.
Employees sets their goals, then click on the "Send a Reminder" link to notify their manager.
For more details, please refer to Requesting your Manager to Confirm your goals
Send a reminder link
Once the manager confirms the employee's goals, the status will be displayed as follows, and the goals will appear in the review
My Goals page - goals confirmed
You may navigate to the review directly from the link in the status:
Self Review page